EVERYONE IS INVITED to come along to Connor Park for a day of sporting excitement – Pterodactyl Trail Races and Sports Day! SAVE THE DATE! Sunday, May 28th – from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.. Thanks to West Coast Nibbles and Semir’s Hot Dog Cart, there will be food and beverages (hotdogs, baked treats, fruit, coffee) and the HBCA will be selling popcorn for $2/bag so bring your toonies!
You can park at the school or on the roadways, but please don’t block residential driveways.
The fun includes:
- Trail races presented by Pacesetter Athletic;
- Disc Golf presented by the Sunshine Coast Disc Golf Association;
- Ultimate Frisbee games and skills for everyone;
- Professional Hula Hoop demo sessions at 1:40 p.m. by Dixie Honey; try it out until 3:30 p.m.
- Races and other fun activities for younger kids.
DISC SPORTS (Golf & Frisbee)
- Three hole Disc Golf course
- Ultimate Frisbee games on a small field – 5 or 7 a-side
- Speed throwing contest – you against the speed gun.
- Mini disc shooting for little ones
There will be two trail races, starting at 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. on on the trails newly laid out in 2022 through the beautiful forest surrounding Connor Park. Families including younger children are welcome, but please no strollers, bikes, or dogs. Costumes are thoroughly encouraged; please make sure they don’t impede safety.
2km – for families, including smaller children (no strollers please!), the fun 2km course is for you, with ribbons for all younger entrants. Who wins? Everyone who enters!
8km – for a more serious trail running race experience, taking in some lovely forest trails with fast and gnarly sections. Prizes for winning male and female racers in three age categories: U40, 41-59, 60+.
Trail Race Details
Entrance fee is $20, or $10 for HBCA members, per family in the 2km race or per individual racer in the $8km race. HBCA membership applications ($20 per household annually) are available to all Halfmoon Bay residents on the day, or at www.halfmoon-bay.ca/membership.
PRE-REGISTRATION NOW OPEN. Form Below. Online race registration before the event day would be greatly appreciated.
Race Schedule (approximate):
- 11.00am Registration open for waivers, race bibs, late registration
- 12.15pm 2km Runner briefing, registration closes for 2km race
- 12.30pm 2km Race starts
- 1.15pm 8km Runner briefing, registration closes for 8km race
- 1.30pm 8km Race starts
- 2.45pm 2km Race awards
- 3.00pm 8km Race awards
Snacks, fruit, and cool juice boxes are available free for trail racers – pick them up at the HBCA booth (please make sure to display your race number).